Community Health Group (CHG) is committed to supporting our members and providers in adopting the most up-to-date recommendations for COVID-19.
Signs and Symptoms of COVID-19
*For more information, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
If you experience any of these symptoms, get tested for COVID-19.
- Order free at-home tests: https://www.covid.gov/tests
- Need help placing an order for your at-home tests? Call 1-800-232-0233 (TTY 1-888-720-7489).
- Free at-home tests from your providers or pharmacies can bill Medi-Cal Rx.
- Search for no-cost COVID-19 testing locations: https://testinglocator.cdc.gov/Search
- Do you need transportation to get a test, vaccine, or other treatment? Call CHG at 1-800-224-7766/ TTY 1-855-266-4584 to set up transportation.
- Testing is recommended if you have symptoms or if you were exposed to COVID-19 and do not have symptoms. Wait at least 5 full days after exposure before testing. You do not need to wait to test if you already have symptoms.
What to do if you test positive for COVID-19:
- Isolate and wear a high-quality mask to protect others from infection.
- Tell people you have been in contact with someone and that they may be exposed.
- If you have any warning signs (see above), seek emergency care immediately.
- It is important to begin treatment as soon as possible after testing positive for COVID-19.
- Learn about treatment options by:
- Calling your doctor or clinic to learn if you should get treatment.
- Calling CHG’s Telephone Advice Nurse (TAN) line at 1-800-647-6966
- Visiting urgent care either in-person or telehealth within 24 hours.
- Finding an urgent care: https://providerdirectory.chgsd.com/SearchDirectoryUrg.aspx
- Calling your pharmacy to see what treatment they offer.
- Calling CHG's Member Services for help at 1-800-224-7766/ TTY 1-855-266-4584. A Member Services staff member will be happy to assist you.
- The right medications for COVID-19 can help.
- Most treatments must be started within 5-7 days of testing positive.