Medi-Cal Enrollment with Community Health Group
Eligibility for Medi-Cal
Check out the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) eligibility page to see if you qualify.
How to apply for Medi-Cal
If you believe you're eligible for Medi-Cal, you can apply for the program using one of the following methods (Watch this video to learn how to apply):
- Online. Visit CalWin to apply for benefits. This is a secure site, and all your information will be safe.
- By phone. Call the San Diego County ACCESS line at 866-262-9881 to see if you qualify for Medi-Cal.
- In person. In person Medi-Cal Application Locations
Choosing Community Health Group
After you've been accepted to Medi-Cal, you can select a health plan of your choice. To choose Community Health Group (CHG) as your health plan, follow these instructions:
- Fill out a Medi-Cal Choice Form. You will receive the form in the mail with your Medi-Cal packet. If you need a form, contact Health Care Options (HCO) at 866-262-9881. Follow the instructions to answer all questions on the form.
- Choose Community Health Group on your Medi-Cal Choice Form.
- In the Health Plans section of your Medi-Cal Choice Form, completely fill in the oval next to "029 Community Health Group."
- Be sure to choose a primary care provider (PCP) and enter the doctor or clinic code so we can assign you to the PCP of your choice when we get your enrollment form.
- Confirm your enrollment. HCO will send you a letter to confirm that you are enrolled as a member of CHG. It may take 15 to 45 days to receive your confirmation.
- Schedule your first health exam within 90 days (3 months) of joining Community Health Group.
Once we’ve learned that you’ve chosen CHG for your health plan, we will mail you a member ID card and other membership materials you'll need.
Please continue to use your regular Medi-Cal card while you wait for your membership materials.
In the meantime, check out our Medi-Cal Member Handbook, FAQs and other Member Info!