Last updated February 12, 2021
This policy applies to all CHG Ride users, including Members and Drivers.
The Information We Collect:
Account Creation. When you create an account with CHG Ride, we collect the information you provide us, such as your name, email address, phone number, birth date, and payment information.
Driver Information. If you are a driver, we will collect the information, including your name, email address, phone number, birth date, profile photo, physical address, government identification number (such as social security number), driver’s license information, vehicle information, and car insurance information.
Ratings and Feedback. When you rate and provide feedback about Members or Drivers, we collect all the information you provide in your feedback. This feedback is not shared with any outside entities.
Communications. When you contact us or we contact you, we collect any information that you provide, including the contents of the messages or attachments you send us.
Location Permissions. We collect the data of your exact or approximate location, which is obtained through services such as GPS, IP address and Wi-Fi. If you are a Driver or Member, we collect your location data when the app is running in the foreground (open app and on screen) or in the background (app open, but not on screen) on your device. If you are a user and have authorized the processing of location data, we will collect it when the app runs in the foreground and when the app is running in the background if you gave your consent through the app settings or device permissions. Drivers or Members can use the app without being allowed to collect location data. However, this can affect how it works. For example, if you do not want to collect your location data, you will need to enter the address of the departure point manually.
Usage Information. We collect information about your use of the CHG Ride Platform, including ride information like the date, time, destination, distance, and route.
Device Information. We collect information about the devices you use to access the CHG Ride Platform, including device model, IP address, type of browser, version of operating system, identity of carrier and manufacturer, radio type (such as 4G), preferences and settings (such as preferred language), application installations, device identifiers, advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens.
Communications Between Members and Drivers. We work with a third party to facilitate phone calls and text messages between Members and Drivers without sharing either party’s actual phone number with the other. But while we use a third party to provide the communication service, we collect information about these communications, including the participants’ phone numbers, the date and time, and the contents of SMS messages.
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information to:
- Verify your identity and maintain your account, settings, and preferences.
- Connect you to your rides and track their progress.
- Allow Members and Drivers to connect regarding their ride and to choose to share their location with others.
- Communicate with you about your rides and experience.
- Collect feedback regarding your experience.
- Authenticate users.
- Verify that Drivers and their vehicles meet safety requirements.
- Investigate and resolve incidents, accidents, and insurance claims.
- Encourage safe driving behavior and avoid unsafe activities.
- Investigate and assist you in resolving questions or issues you have regarding the CHG Ride Platform; and
- Provide you support or respond to you
How We Share Your Information
We do not sell your personal information. To make the CHG Ride Platform work, we may need to share your personal information with other users, third parties, and service providers. This section explains when and why we share your information.
A. Sharing Between CHG Ride Users
Members and Drivers.
Member information shared with Driver: Upon receiving a ride request, we share with the Driver the Member’s pickup location, name, and information the Member includes in the Member Requirement or Notes section.
Driver information shared with Member: Upon a Driver accepting a requested ride, we will share with the Member the Driver’s name, photo, real-time location, and the vehicle make, model, and license plate number.
Although we help Members and Drivers communicate with one another to arrange a pickup, we do not share your actual phone number or other contact information.
B. Sharing with Third-Party Service Providers for Business Purposes
Depending on whether you are a Member or a Driver, CHG Ride may share the following categories of your personal information for a business purpose.
Personal identifiers, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth, government identification number (such as social security number), driver’s license information, vehicle information, and car insurance information:
- Financial information, such as bank routing numbers, tax information, and any other payment information you provide us.
- Commercial information, such as ride information, Driver/Member statistics and feedback, and Driver/Member transaction history.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your IP address, type of browser, version of operating system, carrier and/or manufacturer, device identifiers, and mobile advertising identifiers; and
- Location data.
We disclose those categories of personal information to service providers to fulfill the following business purposes:
- Maintaining and servicing your CHG Ride account.
- Processing or fulfilling rides.
- Providing you customer service.
- Processing Member transactions.
- Verifying the identity of users.
- Detecting and preventing fraud.
- Providing marketing and advertising services to CHG Ride.
- Providing requested emergency services.
C. For Legal Reasons and to Protect the CHG Ride Platform
We may share your personal information in response to a legal obligation, or if we have determined that sharing your personal information is reasonably necessary or appropriate to:
- Comply with any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation, civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation or legal process, or enforceable governmental request.
- Respond to legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena, summons, or court order).
- Enforce our Terms of Service.
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate federal, state, or local law; or
- Exercise or defend legal claims, protect against harm to our rights, property, interests, or safety or the rights, property, interests, or safety of you, third parties, or the public as required or permitted by law.
How We Store and Protect Your Information
We retain your information for as long as necessary to provide you and our other users the CHG Ride Platform. This means we keep your profile information for as long as you maintain an account.
We take reasonable and appropriate measures designed to protect your personal information. But no security measures can be 100% effective, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information, including against unauthorized intrusions or acts by third parties.
Your Rights and Choices Regarding Your Data
Push Notifications. You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of the CHG Ride Platform (such as receiving a notification that your ride has arrived).
Location Information. You can prevent your device from sharing location information through your device’s system settings. But if you do, this may impact CHG Ride’s ability to provide you our full range of features and services.
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy or anything in this policy, including if you need to access this policy in an alternative format, we encourage you to contact us.